- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 2 cups diced apples (such as Granny Smith or Honey Crisp)
- 12 cups french bread ( cubed day old)
- 8 eggs ( Naturegg Omega 3)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese ( shredded aged)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans ( chopped, optional)
- maple syrup
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly crisp. Remove half of the bacon pieces; set aside. Drain off all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the bacon fat. Add the apple to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and apple is slightly tender.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole dish. Toss the bread with the skillet mixture. Spread out in an even layer in the prepared casserole dish. Whisk eggs with milk; pour evenly over the bread mixture. Cover with foil and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with reserved bacon, cheese and pecans (if using). Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly and serve warm. Serve with maple syrup on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Horseradish Bacon DipHellmann's
Breakfast SticksButtoni's Low Carb Recipes
Bacon Ranch Potato SaladThe Recipe Critic
Full English Breakfast TraybakeEvery Last Bite.
Fall Harvest Naan PizzaKim's Cravings
Sweet and Spicy Bacon ChickenJust a Pinch
Breakfast Toast CupsFood With Feeling
Bacon Cheeseburger DipHellmann's
Egg & Bacon Breakfast PizzasYummly
Wild Blueberry-Lavender Overnight OatsYummly-Wild Blueberries
Breakfast QuesadillasIowa Girl Eats
Sweet Pea Autumn CasseroleHellmann's
Pork Chops with Apples and SageWilliams-Sonoma
Breakfast CalzonesWinstead Wandering
Easy Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-ApartsPicky Palate
Fall SangriaSweet and Savory by Shinee
FALL SANGRIASprinkled Side Up
Breakfast QuesadillasChris, a Dog, and a Food Blog
Roasted Fall Vegetable and Ricotta PizzaMartha Stewart
Fall TrufflesReal Mom Kitchen
Fall Off the Bone Oven RibsDeep South Dish