- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 9 tablespoons butter (chilled, chopped, plus 2 tbsp extra, melted)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (plus extra, to dust)
- 1 large egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 red apples (quartered, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed)
- Process flour, chilled butter and half the powdered sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add egg yolk and 1 tbsp iced water and process until mixture comes together. Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Bring together to form a smooth ball. Flatten to a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 inch fluted, loose-bottomed tart pan. Roll out dough between sheets of parchment paper to 1/8 inch thick. Line prepared pan with the dough and trim excess. Line the dough with baking paper and cover with baking weights (or dry beans). Bake for 10 mins. Remove beans and paper. Bake for 5 mins more or until just lightly browned.
- Combine almonds, cream and remaining sifted powdered sugar. Spread evenly over the tart crust. Arrange apples on top of almond mixture, overlapping in a decorative pattern. Combine melted butter and honey, then brush over apples. Bake for 40 mins or until the dough is cooked and apples are golden. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Dust with extra powdered sugar. Serve warm.
|Calories250Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.