Apple Yogurt CakeAs receitas lá de casa
This loaf cake is just right for keeping on the kitchen counter so a slice is always within reach, say with your afternoon cup of tea or a midmorning pick me up. It's also great for a weekend brunch offering. Plain yogurt makes cakes that are nice and tender (similar to buttermilk), as does the oil that's used in place of butter. Grated apples impart flavor, moistness and contrasting texture in every bite.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 red apples
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Mix flour with baking powder.
- 3Whisk eggs and sugar until creamy.
- 4Add yogurt and continue to stir.
- 5Add oil and mix well.
- 6Add flour and baking powder.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Peel apples, cut in quarters, core and coarsely grate. Sprinkle grated apples with lemon juice so they don't brown.
- 9Fold grated apples into batter.
- 10Grease a loaf pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- 11Pour the batter in prepared pan.
- 12Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.