Apple TartAs receitas lá de casa
Whether you use store-bought pie dough or your own homemade version, this sweet quiche would make a lovely centerpiece for a special brunch, or just a delicious dessert for the family. Like savory quiches, the filling for this one is rich and custardy, thanks to eggs and cream. But unlike savory ones, this one is sweetened with sugar and has almond meal sprinkled over the crust, plus apples and cinnamon as the predominant flavors.
- 1 dough (single crust)
- 5 apples
- 1/2 lemon
- 50 grams almond meal
- 150 grams sugar (+ 2 tablespoons)
- 4 large eggs
- 200 milliliters cream (1 small container)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- apple jam
- 1Roll out the dough and place in a tart pan with removable bottom. Prick the crust with a fork. Sprinkle the crust with almond powder.
- 2Peel and core the apples and cut into small pieces. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and stir. Pour apples over the crust.
- 3Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar and cream and pour over the apples.
- 5Bake in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 30 minutes. Then decrease oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 6Remove tart from oven and brush with the jam.
- 7Place under the broiler until jam browns a bit. Remove.
- 8Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.