Apple-Stuffed Pork ChopsPork
Autumn-inspired stuffing of apple and sage fills these roasted chops, which are served with cinnamon and orange-scented sauce. Serve chops with sauce, roasted potato wedges, Apple Raisin Pecan Stuffing, buttered broccoli and warm dinner rolls.
- 2 bone-in ribeye pork chops (1 1/4-inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (soft)
- 1/3 cup apples (diced)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (grated)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut an opening in each chop from the rib side, widening the pocket without cutting through to the other side of the chop; set aside. For stuffing, in a medium saucepan cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender, stirring, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs, apple, 1 tablespoon orange juice, sage and pepper. Fill pocket of each chop with an equal amount of stuffing, place in a shallow baking dish, brush with remaining tablespoon orange juice. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, allow to rest 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile for sauce, in a small saucepan melt remaining tablespoon butter, stir in cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in apple juice. Add raisins and orange zest. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Serve over chops.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.