- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith apple (large, peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- For Apple Cake, preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and vanilla until smooth.
- Toss apples with flour mixture, then stir in mayonnaise mixture until combined. Dough will be stiff. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- For Crumb Topping, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients. With fingers, gently squeeze flour mixture to form crumbs; evenly sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crumbs are golden. On wire rack, cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.