Warm up a crisp fall morning with this taste of the season breakfast dish.
- 4 sausage (patties)
- 2 tart apples (peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pancake batter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, saute sausage until browned. Pour off any fat from skillet, add apple slices, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Saute 1-2 minutes until apples just lose their crispness. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a well-seasoned 9-inch iron skillet and heat in 450 degree F oven until bubbly and hot. Arrange the sausage in the pan, cover with apples, distributing evenly.
- Pour the batter over the apples and bake until nicely browned, about 8-15 minutes. Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve immediately.