This is my version of apple roses- slightly tweaked to include a pumpkin maple filling. These are the perfect fall dessert, satisfying both apple and pumpkin pie cravings in one beautiful bite!
With only a few ingredients these seem a little too simple to impress even the most picky foodies
- 2 apples
- 1 lemon (small)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (Defrosted)
- pumpkin butter (Maple)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Half the apples, remove the cores and slice in semicircular pieces as thin as possible. I use a mandolin to get the thin even slices in mine (I don't have great knife skills). Place in a bowl of water with the juice from 1 lemon. Microwave for 3 minutes. Set aside in a colander to drain.
- Roll out puff pastry on floured surface and dust with flour on both sides. With a rolling pin, gently roll out the puff pastry in one direction to make a longer, thinner rectangular piece. Slice into 6 even strips.
- Spread 1-2 tsp of Maple Pumpkin Butter over the piece of pastry. along the top edge place overlapping slices of apple all the way a long it, these will make your petals. Fold up the lower side of the pastry in half, over the straight edge of the apples. and roll from one end to the other to form your rose.
- Gently place your apple rose into a greased muffin pan. Repeat until you have made 6 roses.
- bake on a medium shelf for 45 minutes.
|Calories310Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.