There’s nothing more traditional and nostalgic as apple pie. This rich and decadent Apple Pie Vanilla Sauce is easy to make and even easier eat. Everyone will love this flavorful pie that uses golden apples for sweet and tangy tastes. If you have a summer barbecue coming up, be sure to have these ingredients on hand so you can surprise your family with your culinary skills. However, you might want to make a couple pies.
- 200 grams flour
- 10 grams sugar
- 4 grams salt
- 100 grams butter
- 70 grams water
- 4 apples (Golden)
- 1 vanilla pods
- 3 apples (Golden)
- Pastry Preparation:
- In a bowl pour flour, sugar, and salt, stir to combine.
- Add the diced butter, knead by hand while gradually adding the water to form a dough ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Applesauce Preparation:
- Using a peeler, peel 4 apples, and cut into cubes.
- Place in a saucepan with a little water and vanilla bean (make a slit down down the center, so the seeds will come out as it cooks).
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally, crushing apples as they cook.
- Remove vanilla bean, mix, and let cool.
- Roll out the dough and cut out a circle, place in a pie pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pinch the edge of the pie crust all the way around. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Fill pie crust with applesauce.
- In the meantime, peel the remaining 3 apples, and scoop out the centers.
- Cut in thin slices.
- Place apple slices in a spiral on top of apple sauce, forming a rosette.
- In the center, make a rose with smaller pieces of apples.
- Bake the pie 10 to 15 minutes.