Nothing says homemade goodness and tradition like apple pie. This recipe takes that traditional favorite, and makes it even better. It takes 75 minutes to prepare this Apple Pie and Raspberry and Almond Cream. It also can be make with blueberries should you decide that is more your style. If you have a family party coming up or a special occasion and you want to make something unforgettable, then try this delicious dessert.
- 120 grams softened butter
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 25 grams almond (powder)
- 200 grams flour
- 60 grams softened butter
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 grams flour
- 60 grams ground almonds
- 2 apples
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 30 grams sugar
- 20 grams butter
- 30 grams sliced almonds
- 20 grams sugar
- 250 grams raspberries
- In the bowl, work the butter until soft, add the sugar, egg, almond powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Knead with a spatula to mix the ingredients well, then add the flour all at once.
- Mix everything with a spatula, and then with your hands.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Place the butter and icing sugar in a bowl, and whisk until the mixture foams.
- Add the egg, flour, and almonds, mix well to obtain a smooth cream.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Scrape the vanilla bean by splitting it in two, and add it to the sugar.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the diced apples, and pour in half of the sugar.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over high heat, while stirring.
- Pour in the remaining sugar. Cook for 3 minutes over high heat, then another 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the almonds with the sugar and a teaspoon of water.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 2 1/2 centimeters.
- Fill the mold (24 centimeter diameter), and prick the pie crust.
- Cover the dough with parchment paper and the dried fruits. Pre-cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and let the bottom cool.
- Spread the almond cream over the pie bottom, add the cooked apples and raspberries. Cover with the almond/sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.