Apple Pie and Raspberry and Almond Cream And Also a Variant with BlueberriesOn dine chez Nanou
Nothing says homemade goodness and tradition like apple pie. This recipe takes that traditional favorite, and makes it even better. It takes 75 minutes to prepare this Apple Pie and Raspberry and Almond Cream. It also can be make with blueberries should you decide that is more your style. If you have a family party coming up or a special occasion and you want to make something unforgettable, then try this delicious dessert.
- 120 grams softened butter
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 25 grams almonds (powder)
- 200 grams flour
- 60 grams softened butter
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 20 grams flour
- 60 grams ground almonds
- 2 apples
- 1/2 vanilla pods
- 30 grams sugar
- 20 grams butter
- 30 grams sliced almonds
- 20 grams sugar
- 250 grams raspberries
- 1In the bowl, work the butter until soft, add the sugar, egg, almond powder, and a pinch of salt.
- 2Knead with a spatula to mix the ingredients well, then add the flour all at once.
- 3Mix everything with a spatula, and then with your hands.
- 4Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- 5Place the butter and icing sugar in a bowl, and whisk until the mixture foams.
- 6Add the egg, flour, and almonds, mix well to obtain a smooth cream.
- 7Peel and dice the apples.
- 8Scrape the vanilla bean by splitting it in two, and add it to the sugar.
- 9Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the diced apples, and pour in half of the sugar.
- 10Cook for about 3 minutes over high heat, while stirring.
- 11Pour in the remaining sugar. Cook for 3 minutes over high heat, then another 5 minutes on low heat.
- 12In a bowl, mix the almonds with the sugar and a teaspoon of water.
- 13Set aside.
- 14Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- 15Spread the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 2 1/2 centimeters.
- 16Fill the mold (24 centimeter diameter), and prick the pie crust.
- 17Cover the dough with parchment paper and the dried fruits. Pre-cook for 10 minutes.
- 18Remove the foil and let the bottom cool.
- 19Spread the almond cream over the pie bottom, add the cooked apples and raspberries. Cover with the almond/sugar mixture.
- 20Bake for about 25 minutes.
- 21Let cool before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.