- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 Reinette apple
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- poppy seeds (to taste)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread out the sheets of puff pastry and cut out circles.
- Peel the apple and cut into small pieces, mixing with the sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- In the center of each puff pastry circle, place a mound of apple (leaving a margin around the edge). Place another circle of dough on top, insert a stick in one end (if desired) and connect the edges of the dough, tapping with the tines of a fork to create a striped effect.
- Do the same with the remaining dough circles.
- Brush the surface of the mini pies with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the centers with poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven until brown. Serve still warm.