- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled, plus more for rolling dough)
- 1 pie dough (recipe, 2 disks Basic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed, from 1 lemon)
- 4 pounds apples (8 to 10, such as Empire, Granny Smith, Gala, Cortland, Winesap, or a mix)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
|Calories330Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Heidi Hartung de Hartungen 16 Feb 2018
Best apple pie I've ever made! I added less water to the crust and less sugar to the filling (I've used a mix of brown and white sugar). It just turned out so good!
Tammy Magee 12 Nov 2017
Very good used Granny Smith and was very delicious
Shirley S. 27 Oct 2017
Very similar to a recipe I used for years..I do 1 tablespoon cornstarch instead of flour and I add 1/4 cup brown sugar!
al 19 Sep 2016
I do not bake but this turned out amazing. Only changes is I would have covered the crust sooner because it got a little too golden brown and I cooked it ten minutes less than required. I added peaches too and that tastes amazing as well. I also just bought a pre made crust. Great apple pie recipe.
Ma'alim I. 10 Jun 2016
I am not a good cook to begin with 😃.. I failed with This crust .. But it was fine.. The pie still tasted good with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of black coffee on the side
Tara R. 27 Mar 2016
Perfect pie! This pie does not last a day in my home. You really do have to work fast when making the crust. It handles best when cold. But this pie is well worth the effort.