This recipe for homemade Apple Pie is the perfect harvest time treat. Celebrate the arrival of autumn and spend an afternoon picking apples for this warm and delicious pie. Made with a homemade pie crust that has the perfect flake and slight hint of lemon flavor, this pie is filled with a layer of peach jam topped with diced apples, agave syrup, and chopped hazelnuts. Prepare the pie dough the night before as it should be chilled overnight.
- 250 grams flour
- 200 grams butter (chilled, cut into pieces)
- 120 grams granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon
- milk (as needed)
- 4 tablespoons peach jam
- 4 golden delicious apples
- powdered sugar
- Combine the flour, the sugar, the butter, a pinch of salt, and the grated lemon peel. Use the tips of your fingers to combine the ingredients into and oatmeal-like consistency.
- Add the egg yolk and a few tablespoons of milk, if necessary, and knead quickly.
- Once the dough is uniform in consistency, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours, overnight is recommended.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a pie plate lined with wax paper, make holes in the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and add a generous amount of jam.
- Peel the apples and slice them, not too thinly, then place them over the jam filling, covering the surface completely.
- Pour the agave syrup over the apples, then sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake at 170C for approximately 50 minutes, then place the pie under the broiler for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories900Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.