Apple PieAs receitas lá de casa
Some apple pie fillings are made by simply tossing the sliced or diced apples with lemon juice, sugar, and maybe flour and salt and that's that. But others, including this one, combine the apples with a creamy custard for a richer tasting dessert. Don't worry if the custard filling forms a few bubbles at some point while in the oven (and avoid the temptation to pop them); they'll collapse by serving time.
- 1 shortcrust pastry (for pies)
- 5 apples
- 1 lemon (small, juiced)
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 200 milliliters cream
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Press dough into a pie dish.
- 3Do not remove parchment paper dough is wrapped in.
- 4Pierce bottom of the dough with a fork.
- 5Peel apples, core and cut into quarters.
- 6Slice quarters carefully so that they remain whole.
- 7Sprinkle apples with lemon juice.
- 8Beat eggs.
- 9Add sugar and cream.
- 10Add apples to egg mixture.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Cover pie crust with this mixture.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 14It is normal for a few bubbles to appear while baking.