- apple (: 4 small washed and cut in cubes)
- pear (: 1 big washed and cut in cubes)
- ginger (: 1 tbsp minced)
- dates (: 6-8)
- chilli (Red dry whole, : 2-3)
- cinnamon stick (: 1 big)
- cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- black pepper
- chilli powder (: to taste, optional)
- vinegar (: 2 tbsp)
- brown sugar (or regular : to taste or 1/2 cup)
- Soak dates, red dry whole chillies and cinnamon stick together for 1-2 hrs
- Cut the fruits. I had cut them early so I soaked them in 2 tbsp vinegar to avoid discoloring. Or else, the vinegar can be added later on.
- Blend the soaked dates, cinnamon, red chili whole, ginger and the fruits, everything in the blender to purée.
- In a pan, add brown sugar and the purée. Add salt and pepper and cumin powder. Cook till water is evaporated on low flame. It may take from 1/2 hr to 1 hr, depending upon the water content of the fruit.
- Cool the chutney and store in air tight jar in the fridge .
- Enjoy with crackers, on sandwiches, on toasted crostinis, as a dip with cream cheese for your more fancy party crackers and pretzels.