Grated apples stand in for the more traditional tubers in this spin on potato pancakes, which, when you think about it, makes perfect sense. After all, potato pancakes are traditionally served with applesauce. These pancakes are on the sweeter side,…
with brown sugar and vanilla in the mix, and they are meant for dessert, topped with ice cream and honey. But they could just as easily be served alongside roast pork or chicken as an unexpected side dish.
- 200 grams self rising flour
- 250 milliliters milk
- 1 egg
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- honey (to taste)
- 4 scoops ice cream
- oil (for frying)
- In a bowl, whisk the flour with the milk.
- Add the egg, grated and peeled apples, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil.
- Use a soup ladle to pour the batter into the frying pan. When the batter begins to bubble, flip the pancake. Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with ice cream and honey.