These apple muffins come together in less than an hour for a slightly sweet and hearty breakfast. Before being added to the muffins, the apples are sauteed with butter, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. During this process the apples become slightly cara…
elized and soft while taking on the warm and comforting spices. These muffins are a great project for the whole family to make together, little hands are perfect for measuring and mixing up ingredients.
- 2 apples (large, preferably green, peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams sugar
- 170 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 150 grams unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and cook the apples together with the sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. When softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the batter by creaming together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, beating after each. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Place slices of cooked apple into the bottom of each greased muffin tin and pour the batter on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and remove from muffin tin.
|Calories250Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.