Apple Flan with Foie Gras MousseYerbabuena en la Cocina
A fruity variant on flan. Tart and sweet, with a hint of cinnamon. Use in place of gelatin. The presentation of this dessert will have your mouth watering. Preparation takes patience because the sugars can burn while caramelizing.
- 1 pippin apples (kilo, may substitute Granny Smiths, peeled and chopped)
- 200 grams foie gras
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 gelatin (sheets, may substitute 1 tbsp. + 1 1 tsp. powdered gelatin)
- 1Place the apple into a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon and cook until soft. Remove from heat and add the gelatin. If using sheets, soften in water first. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- 2Line a small flan mold with a layer of the apple mixture and top with a layer of foie gras. Alternate layers until the mold is filled, finishing with an apple layer. Refrigerate.
- 3Remove from mold a few minutes before serving. Place onto a platter and sprinkle with sugar. Caramelize with a kitchen torch.