Apple CrunchAs receitas lá de casa
Apples, port wine, fresh lemon juice, and ground cinnamon make up the flavorful fruit filling in this dessert, which is similar to a classic crisp thanks to the crunchy topping that's made my mixing toether oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, and melted margarine until it comes together to form a kind of paste that can be crumbled over the filling in the baking dish and which turns crisp and golden brown during baking.
- 6 pippin apples (medium)
- port wine (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine (melted)
- 1Peel and dice apples and arrange in a rectangular baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle with Port wine, lemon and cinnamon.
- 3In a bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and margarine.
- 4Cover apples with oatmeal mixture.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until apples are knife-tender and top is browned.
- 6Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream, if desired.