Apple Crumble TartletsMurmures
With the beginning of autumn comes apple season and the perfect opportunity to make these individually sized apple crumble tartlets. A buttery crumble topping sits atop sliced apples and a brown sugar sour cream filling. Use an apple corer/peeler/slicer for added ease. With instructions for how to make your own pie crust, allow for time for the dough to cool in the refrigerator. Nevertheless, these tasty tarts are ready in 90 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (diced and softened)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cortland apples (beautiful, thinly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1Mix 1 1/4 cup of flour and a pinch of salt.
- 2In another bowl, cream 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup butter until smooth. Add the egg yolks.
- 3Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. It will have a grainy texture.
- 4Form a ball of dough and let it rest in the frige for one hour.
- 5Roll the dough and arrange it in the 6 tartlet pans. Do not forget to prick your pie base with a fork so it bakes flat.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Cut the apples into thin slices.
- 8In a medium-sized bowl mix the sour cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Place a spoonful of it in each pie shell.
- 9Arrange the apple slices on top it.
- 10In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup oats, and 1/4 cup flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- 11Place the crumble over the apples.
- 12Bake for 40 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.