- 340 grams plain flour
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 2 baking powder (scant tsp)
- 1 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 225 grams butter
- 2 kilograms apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 75 grams maple syrup
- 75 grams sultana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 140 grams custard powder (vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 75 grams marzipan (coarsely grated)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 75 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- For tart dough, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, a pinch of salt, baking powder, 1 egg and 3/4 cup butter and knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- For filling, place apples in a large saucepan with 3 tbsp lemon juice. Add maple syrup, raisins and spices and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer 3-4 mins. Strain and return cooking liquid to saucepan. Add custard powder, cornstarch, and 6 tbsp water and simmer for 1 min, stirring. Add apples and set aside to cool for 2 hours.
- For crumble topping, combine remaining butter, sugar, marzipan, flour, almonds and egg yolk. Crumble mixture with your hands. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Roll out pastry on a floured work surface to form a 13 inch circle then use to line the pan. Prick the base with a fork and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Fill with apples and smooth surface. Spread crumble over top and bake for 40 mins. Let cool in pan for 4-5 hours.
- To serve, remove tart from pan. Combine powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate top of tart.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.