- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 apples
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams flour
- 50 grams unsalted butter (cold)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Fold the edges inward.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. In a bowl, mix the apple pieces, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Distribute over the puff pastry.
- In a bowl, prepare the crumble, mixing the flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter cut into small pieces, and use your fingertips to mix until you get a sandy, loose texture. Add the Demerara sugar.
- Distribute the crumble on top off the apples, and bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry and crumble cover become crunchy.
- Serve warm, plain, with cream or a scoop of ice cream.