Apple Crumb CakeKitchenAid
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 eggs
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1Scald milk; add butter and water. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2Place 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 15 seconds. Gradually add warm liquid to bowl, mixing 1 minute. Add egg and mix 1 minute longer. Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1⁄2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on Speed 2 for 2 minutes longer.
- 3Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 4Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll each half to 9 inch circle. Place one circle in bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan.
- 5Cinnamon Crumb Filling: Mix all ingredients with fork until crumbly. 1 cup sugar, 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, 2-1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon and 6 tablespoons butter.
- 6Sprinkle one quarter of Cinnamon Crumb Filling over dough. Arrange half the apple slices on filling; sprinkle another quarter filling over apples. Place remaining dough circle in pan and repeat layers
- 7with remaining apples and crumb mixture. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan immediately and cool on wire rack.