This beautiful tart features a crunchy wheat and walnut crust that is topped with tender sliced apples and tart cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange oven rack to center.
- Prepare Crust: In food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground. Add flour, salt and sugar to the food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. While processor is running, drizzle in 1/3 cup oil. Pulse a few times to combine. Sprinkle water over mixture and pulse a few more times to combine. Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom of an 11½-‐inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place on large baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the walnuts become fragrant.
- Remove stems from apples and slice a small piece off the bottom of each to make a flat end. Use spiralizer with peeling blade and spiral slice blade (large core) to peel and slice fruit. Cut prepared fruit into half, add to a medium bowl and gently toss with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt to coat.
- On top of baked crust, arrange a layer of apple halves overlapping or shingling them around the outside of the pan. Arrange some apple pieces (use any pieces that are smaller or broken) in a single layer, in the center of ring of apples. Arrange another overlapping apple ring on top of the bottom layer, but starting in about an inch from the edge of the bottom layer. Arrange any leftover apples in the center area. Bake for 25-‐30 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- In small microwave-‐safe bowl, combine apple jelly and cranberries. Microwave for 30-‐40 seconds or until the jelly starts to bubble. Remove and stir until completely melted. Spoon melted jelly and cranberries evenly over the apples. Use a pastry brush to evenly coat the apples. Allow to rest 10 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories310Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.