This recipe will work with any type of pork chop. The apple and cranberry combination tastes great as a quick and easy fall meal. Try serving this recipe with acorn squash wedges, marinated green beans, and French bread.
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops (3/4-inch thick)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider (OR apple juice)
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chops with pepper. Brown chops on each side in hot skillet. Add apple cider. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for about 8 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- In a small bowl combine cranberry sauce, honey, orange juice concentrate, ginger and nutmeg. Pour over chops. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.