- 14 1/8 ounces pie dough (refrigerated)
- 2 1/2 pounds fuji (Gala, or Winesap apples, peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (diced, whisked together with 1 tbs of water)
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line 9 inch pie plate with 1 pie dough, leaving overhang. In a bowl, gently toss apples and cranberries with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Place apple mixture on top of the dough in the pie pan. Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle diced butter over apple mixture.
- Place lattice pie cutter on a clean work surface, design side facing up, dust lightly with flour. Gently lay remaining pastry dough over lattice cutter design, making sure dough is centered. Gently roll dough with a rolling pin until pattern is cut. Carefully remove dough from cutter and arrange on pie. Gently press dough around edge of pie pan to seal and fold and crimp dough overhang to create decorative edge. Place pie on jelly roll pan.
- In a bowl, combine egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush egg mixture over top of the pie. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375ºF. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender, covering edges with foil if they start to brown too much. Let cool.
|Calories440Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.