- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (fresh)
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples (or other tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- Preheat KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl to 220°F. Once preheated, add all ingredients to bowl. Stir well to blend. Cook apples for 10 to 15 minutes, or until slightly firm. Turn heat off and let apples stand, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm as a side dish or topping for yogurt or ice cream.
Brian 31 Mar 2018
Quick and simple. Made it twice so far.