Rice crackers make ideal bases for all sorts of sweet and savory toppings, to have as a healthy snack or even for a light breakfast. Here the puffy treats are topped with a homemade apple compote that's made by simmering diced apple with orange zest and also the juice until falling apart tender and the liquid has thickened to a sauce. Once completely cool, dollop it onto the crackers, top with raisins, sprinkle with ground cinnamon, and enjoy.
- 1 apple
- 2 rice crackers
- 10 yellow raisins
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 Orange (small)
- Cut the apple into small squares for a small pot.
- Remove the orange peel (after washing) and add to the apple.
- Pour the orange juice and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Do not let it get soaked.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- When cold, put on rice crackers and sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon.