Muffins are a flavorful way to start your day off on the right foot. These Apple Cinnamon Muffins from the Daily Bread are rich and hearty treats that everyone will enjoy. The recipe combines a fluffy muffin mix with apples and agave syrup or honey for a sweet and decadent treat. Feel free to make a batch or two for your friends and family. They are best if consumed the same day you make them..
- 20 grams butter
- 20 grams ground hazelnuts
- 20 grams flour
- 20 grams powdered sugar
- 420 grams whole wheat flour
- 20 grams baking powder
- 10 grams cinnamon
- 5 grams salt
- 400 milliliters apple juice
- 150 grams agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 eggs
- 80 milliliters sunflower oil
- 3 apples
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a muffin pan with 12 cups.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, hazelnuts, flour, and sugar to a crumble with your fingertips. Set aside
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the apple juice, agave syrup, egg, and oil together. The syrup must be fully dissolved .
- Combine the liquid with the flour mixture, mix quickly with a wooden spoon to get a smooth batter.
- Wash and cut the apples into strips, and add them to the mixture.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin pans. Place a little bit of crumble on top of each muffin.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.