Apple Cinnamon CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Apples and cinnamon give this cake fall flavors, and you'll want to make it again and again throughout the season, whenever you have a surplus of fruit or a hankering for something that's chock full of apple flavor. Ground cinnamon is mixed into the batter itself but then also sprinkled on top, along with sugar, before going into the oven, the topping becoming delightfully caramelized during baking. Resist the urge to eat it fresh out of the oven, as it improves after cooling a bit.
- 3 eggs
- 125 milliliters oil
- 500 grams apples (unpeeled, chopped)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (sugar, for sprinkling)
- cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- 1In a bowl, add the eggs, oil and chopped apple and beat well.
- 2Add the sugar and beat again.
- 3Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- 4Place the dough in a cake pan and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- 5Bake about 40-45 minutes, checking with a toothpick.
- 6Remove from oven, let cool, and unmold.