If you want to show that special group of friends just how awesome your culinary skills are, then try this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Tartletts. This recipe makes eight servings, so it is perfect for an intimate gathering. It takes 90 minutes to prepare these sweet treats, so make sure you give yourself time. This recipe combines the sweetness of apples with salty nuts and aromatic spice for a heartwarming decadence.
- 6 Belle de Boskoop apples
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 300 grams flour
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 50 grams ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 130 grams granulated sugar
- 50 grams dark brown sugar
- 200 grams butter (cold)
- 2 egg yolks
- Peel the apples, cut them into thick slices.
- In a medium saucepan,melt the butter and add the apple slices, cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the brown sugar, mix well and simmer over low heat until the apples are tender.
- In a salad bowl pour the flour, ground nuts, sugars, ground spices and a pinch of salt.
- Mix and add the egg yolks and butter cut into pieces.
- Mix with your hands to incorporate the butter until it's smooth.
- Form a ball of dough, flatten, wrap with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and wait 10 minutes before working the dough so that it warms a bit. Divide the dough in half. Keep one half in the refrigerator while working on the other half.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- With a cookie cutter, cut circles of dough.
- Grease 8 tartlett molds with vegetable oil and line them with the dough circles.
- Fill each tart with cooled apple mixture.
- Cut strips of the remaining dough and place on top of each tartlett to make a lattice pattern.
- Bake tartletts for about 20 minutes.
- Serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream with a pinch of cinnamon.
|Calories570Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.