- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8, depending on size)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (divided)
- 1/2 cup apple cider (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 apples (medium firm, sweet, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices, I used Gala)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped, plus additional for serving)
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Crystal 20 Feb
Delicious and easy!!!
Heather S. 31 Jan
Didn’t have much flavor but I didn’t use the rosemary and used chicken breasts instead of thighs.
Rachel 8 Jan
Boyfriend liked this, but it wasn’t my favorite — the flavor was a little bland and the sauce was thin. I might make this again with turkey breast or pork instead of chicken.
Cat D. 17 Dec 2017
I used boneless chicken thighs, doubled the cider, added onions, and a bit of honey for some extra sweetness! This dish was a hit.
Rebecca Brooks 9 Nov 2017
Great recipe! I used turkey breast instead, didn’t have to take it out of the pan at all and just added the apples and sauce after about 5 min of cooking the seasoned breast. Great warming recipe for autumn!
She Who Must Be Obeyed 8 Nov 2017
I added chopped onions and they worked very well with the apples and mustard.
samantha g. 5 Nov 2017
This is so good and full of flavor. I recommend trying it. You won't be disappointed.
denning 4 Nov 2017
Don’t care for Rosemary but other than that it was pretty good
val v. 4 Nov 2017
Deeeelicious but need more sauce x
Sweet Thang 1 Nov 2017
Awesome! Not a Rosemary fan, so left it off and it was great! Also over cooked the apples dealing with my 19 month old, and it still turned out great! I think this could be a fool-proof recipe! Thanks Yummly for bringing it to me!!
Lise 1 Nov 2017
Very tasty! I added kale to make it a true one pot meal