- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons port wine (white)
- 1 package mascarpone cheese (or light cream cheese)
- 250 grams sugar
- 250 grams cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Peel apples and cut into small cubes.
- Sprinkle apples with brown sugar and port wine.
- Let macerate for 20 minutes.
- Beat cheese with sugar until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Fold eggs whites into the batter.
- Fold apple pieces into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.