- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 4 ounces tomato and basil-flavored feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup kalamata (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Heat water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat to a full rolling boil. Reduce heat and quickly stir in flour, mixing vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan in a ball.
- Place mixture in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and add eggs, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds after each addition. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat 15 seconds.
- Drop dough onto greased baking sheets in 36 mounds placed 2 inches apart. Bake at 400°F for 10
- minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 25 minutes longer. Turn off oven. Remove baking sheets from oven. Cut a small slit in side of each puff. Return pans to oven for 10 minutes, leaving oven door ajar. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Cut puffs in half and pipe or spoon about 1 tablespoon Creamy Feta Olive Filling* into each puff. Serve immediately.
- For Creamy Feta Olive Filling: Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds, or until blended: 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese; 4 ounces tomato and basil-flavored feta, crumbled; 1⁄2 cup light sour cream; 1⁄3 cup finely chopped kalamata or ripe olives; 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning