Ham and cheese frittata works for weekend breakfast or brunch with muffins and juice. You can also serve it as a light lunch or supper with a green salad and Corn Muffins.
- 2 cups ham (chopped)
- 2 cups potatoes (hashbrown, with peppers and onion, refrigerated or frozen)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups bread (torn into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add bread pieces, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden and beginning to crisp. Add ham and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes more. Push ham and potatoes to the side of the skillet; pour egg mixture into skillet, stir over heat and when the eggs begin to set up stir together, combining the ham, potatoes and eggs. Stir in cheese and place skillet in a 400 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.