Angel Cakes in SyrupO Meu Tempero
Egg yolks, canned condensed milk, vanilla extract, and water: That's all you need to prepare these sweet treats, plus some softened butter to grease the miniature pans and flour for dusting the same. First some of the yolks are beaten until foamy and then divided among the pans and chilled until set before being boiled in a syrup made with the remaining yolks and other ingredients for a couple of minutes. Sheer perfection.
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter (for greasing pan)
- flour (for sprinkling pan)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Beat 6 egg yolks until frothy.
- 3Grease small pie pans with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- 4Pour eggs into pie pans, filling 3/4 full.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- 6Cool, remove from pan and set aside.
- 7For the syrup, mix condensed milk, 1 can of water (condensed milk can), vanilla and 3 egg yolks.
- 8Blend well and pass through a sieve into a saucepan.
- 9Add cakes to the pan, prick them with a fork and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- 10To serve, arrange cakes on a plate with syrup.