Egg yolks, canned condensed milk, vanilla extract, and water: That's all you need to prepare these sweet treats, plus some softened butter to grease the miniature pans and flour for dusting the same. First some of the yolks are beaten until foamy and then divided among the pans and chilled until set before being boiled in a syrup made with the remaining yolks and other ingredients for a couple of minutes. Sheer perfection.
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter (for greasing pan)
- flour (for sprinkling pan)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Beat 6 egg yolks until frothy.
- Grease small pie pans with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Pour eggs into pie pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cool, remove from pan and set aside.
- For the syrup, mix condensed milk, 1 can of water (condensed milk can), vanilla and 3 egg yolks.
- Blend well and pass through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Add cakes to the pan, prick them with a fork and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, arrange cakes on a plate with syrup.