- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 quart almond milk (original, unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries (dried wild)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 walnuts (toasted, coarsely chopped)
- Attach stir & flip wand to stir tower. Set kitchenaid® multi-cooker with Stir-tower to manual 375 ºf and preheat.
- Add oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add Quinoa, cover and turn stir tower to Speed 2. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until Quinoa is lightly toasted.
- Turn off the stir tower. Remove ¼ cup Toasted quinoa and reserve for garnish.Turn stir tower to speed 2 and add Bulgur, millet, almond milk, water and salt to cooking pot. Replace lid and Continue cooking for 12-15 minutes or Until grains are cooked through.
- Set unit to keep warm. Reduce stir Tower to speed 1 and add blueberries, Mixing just until blended.
- To serve, ladle cooked grain mixture into Bowls and top with 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp walnuts and 2 tbsp reserved Toasted quinoa.
- Chef’s tips: Tri-colored quinoa is a great substitute for white quinoa.