Amber Spice Cake for a Sweet Taste of WinterOn dine chez Nanou
Creating dishes from seasonal ingredients is a way to show off your culinary knowledge, and enjoy the finer things each season has to offer. This recipe for Amber Spice Cake for a Sweet Taste of Winter combines all the hearty and rich spices of a warm winter dessert with sweet ingredients that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Be sure to sprinkle with powdered sugar for extra depth and sweetness. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dessert as much as we do.
- 100 grams melted butter
- 1 1/2 deciliters sugar
- 1 deciliter honey
- 4 deciliters wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 deciliter buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 grams candied orange peel
- 30 grams hazelnuts (chopped)
- powdered sugar (for decoration)
- 1 eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 300F.
- 2In a bowl, add the butter, sugar, honey, flour, baking soda, buttermilk, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon, mix well.
- 3Add the candied orange peel, hazelnuts and 1 egg. Mix to a smooth batter.
- 4Pour batter into a mold and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the shape of the mold you use.
- 5Check the doneness by pricking with the tip of a knife, it should come out dry .
- 6Remove from oven, unmold while still warm, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.