- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples (peeled chopped)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour 2 (9-inch) round baking pans; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves in large bowl. Add Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Beat at low speed with electric mixer 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. (Batter will be thick.) Stir in apples, raisins and walnuts. Evenly spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting.