Always perfectly grilled chicken – Classic grilled chicken recipePOTSOFSMILES:)
This is one of the recipes you can re-create and succeed even if you are just learning to cook. It is easy and delicious. You can make it for your Sunday dinner and then make some light meal/salad on Monday with the left overs. Have not find a person who would not like it and everyone can chose if they are a breast or a leg person. With this recipe you will end up with a juicy chicken with a delicious crispy skin and chicken juices left for gravy. You will need:
- If you have time – remove your chicken from the fridge 20-45 minute before you will cook it to allow it to warm up a little. You can skip this step if you do not have the time. After 20-45 minutes. Heat up your oven on grill at 225 C degrees Celsius And place in the roasting pan now in the oven. Prepare a small bowl and add your butter. Place it in your microwave for 30 seconds on high heat to melt. Add all remaining ingredients apart from the water and stir it all well together.
- Place your chicken on a cutting board and with a sharp knife cut out the whole spine of the chicken (this will help your chicken to cook faster and more evenly). You can use the spine to create a chicken broth for a soup or sauce. Massage in your marinade in your chicken. Rub it everywhere even under the skin in you can. Take your hot roasting pan from the oven and place the chicken with the breast up. You will not be turning your chicken so you do not have to worry about breaking the skin while turning it. Cover with cooking aluminium foil add a half of a cup of water to the pan and place in the middle of the oven. Leave it there for 35 minutes.
- Now it is time to remove the foil and ad 1 cup of water to the pan and bake your chicken for an additional 35 minutes (you will need extra time if your chicken is larger). Check that the internal temperature has 75 degrees Celsius or that you can easily remove it from the bone. Let your chicken rest for about 10-15 minutes outside of the oven for the juices to combine inside of the chicken. It is better if the legs of the chicken are higher up so more of the fatty juices also go to the breast.
- Your chicken is ready. Enjoy. TIPS: if your skin is not crispy as you wishes just put it in on higher heat the last 5 minutes (you can also add some extra oil to the skin to help the chicken crisp up) – you should not need these tips with this recipe.
|Calories990Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.