Almond, Thyme and Parmesan Puff Pastry BitesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Before it's baked, these puff pastry bites are sprinkled with a mixture of Parmesan, almonds and thyme, along with salt and pepper. The savory snacks should be cut with a fluted pastry cutter for appearance's sake, though a knife will also do.
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- 1/4 cup almonds (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolks
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Roll out the sheet of puff pastry dough.
- 3Combine the almonds in a bowl with the parmesan cheese, a pinch of thyme, the salt, and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- 4Brush the dough with the lightly beaten egg yolk, then add the chopped almond mixture and press on the mixture so it attaches well to the dough.
- 5Use a fluted cutter to cut the dough into bite-sized pieces, place the dough on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for approximately 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- 7Remove from the oven and serve warm.