Almond, Ricotta, and Lemon CakeAnanás e Hortelã
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams sugar
- 50 grams butter (melted)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 75 grams ricotta
- 40 grams almond flour
- 160 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- strawberries (to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- 2Grease the bottom of a small round cake pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3To prepare the buttermilk, combine 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with a cup of milk, and wait 15 minutes before using.
- 4In a bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar until you get a light and voluminous whitish mixture (about 5 minutes with an electric mixer).
- 5Add the melted butter, lemon zest and juice. Add the crumbled ricotta. Mix very well.
- 6Add the almond flour, flour and baking powder, and mix until smooth.
- 7Finally, add the buttermilk and stir until smooth.
- 8Place the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove from the pan, let cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with strawberries.