- Crisco Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package cake mix (Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® White Premium)
- 1/3 cup Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves (Smucker's®)
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Beat cake mix and shortening in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form, about 2 minutes. Blend in water, egg and almond extract on low speed until dough forms.
- ROLL dough on well floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutter into 2-1/2-inch circles. Use a 3/4-inch round canape cutter to cut and remove a small circle of dough from half of the dough circles. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- SPRINKLE powdered sugar on top side of all cookies with cut-out centers. Spread about 1 teaspoon preserves evenly on bottom side of all whole round cookies. Top with a cut-out cookie to form sandwiches.
- PLACE frosting in decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe a small star of frosting on top of each cookie.
|Calories160Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.