Filo dough is a shortcut to making flaky pastries for an elegant dessert that would be ideal for a fall dinner party. The filo is cut into rounds and each is filled with pear jam and toasted almonds, then folded into packets and baked until golden b…
own and fragrant. Here they are served with pomegranate seeds, for bright bursts of color and sweet-tart flavor, and dusted with powdered sugar. You could sprinkle more toasted sliced almonds on top, too.
- port wine
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- softened butter
- almonds (roughly chopped)
- jam (pear)
- powdered sugar
- pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Slightly toast the almonds in the oven or in a non-stick frying pan. Set aside.
- Roll out a sheet of filo pastry, brush with butter, place another on top and repeat with the remaining sheets.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into equal squares.
- In the center of each square, place 2 teaspoons of pear jam and 1 teaspoon of toasted almonds. With your fingertips, pull the corners of each square, pressing them in the center.
- Place the wraps on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.