Dressed up for success! This excellent dessert will wow your guests, impressing even the most impassive critic. Serve this delight when you need to make a statement – whether fashion, or are trying to work your way up the work ladder. You’ll need to supply patience as this will take about an hour and a half to prepare. Filled with almonds, lemons, rum, and eggs, you’ll satisfy any sweet tooth. Spread with a lemon or raspberry glaze to heighten your statement.
- 500 grams flour
- 250 grams water
- 5 grams salt
- 525 grams butter
- 150 grams confectioners sugar
- 150 grams almonds (ground)
- 15 grams corn starch
- 1 lemon zest (organic)
- 90 grams eggs
- 20 grams rum
- 1 eggs
- 10 grams sugar
- 40 grams milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix flour, water, salt, and 375 butter in a bowl. Mix until dough forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1.5 mm. Cut out 2 circles of dough, 1 a little larger than the other. It is important to cut them with a sharp knife so that the dough rises while baking.
- In a bowl, mix 150 grams butter and sugar, add the ground almond, cornstarch, lemon zest, eggs, and rum. Mix with a spatula (do not use a whisk to avoid incorporating air, which would inflate the almond cream). Fill a pastry bag with the cream (1 centimeter round nozzle).
- In a small bowl, mix egg, sugar and milk. mix the ingredients for the gilding, guild the cake with
- the brush, store in the cool for 30 minutes then gild it a second time
- Moisten the edges of the smaller dough circle using a brush. Squeeze the almond cream in a spiral on the larger dough circle, seal the two layers of dough. Press firmly so no air is caught between the layers. Brush the icing on top. Slit the top of the cake with a knife, being careful not to pierce the dough. Refrigerate the galette for 30 minutes. Brush with icing a second time.
- Bake for 35 minutes until it is golden brown. Let cool before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1850Calories from Fat1170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.