Almond and Honey CookiesReceitas Da Felicidade!
Toasted almonds are the reason to make these buttery cookies, which have a very fine texture thanks to the powdered sugar in the dough that's also sweetened with brown sugar, for depth. Be sure to chill the dough for at least one hour, or up to one day, before rolling out and cutting into shapes. Sesame seeds sprinkled on top before baking adds more nutty flavor; honey is brushed over the tops after baking for sheen.
- 125 grams softened butter
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 125 grams roasted almonds (chopped)
- 180 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 125 grams sesame seeds
- honey (to taste)
- 1Beat the butter and the sugars to a cream.
- 2Add the roasted almonds, and mix.
- 3Gradually, add the flour until you have a pliable dough.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6Roll out the dough on a floured surface, and cut out the cookies.
- 7Place the cookies on a greased baking tray, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and while the cookies are still warm, brush lightly with honey.