Almond and Hazelnut Catalan BiscottiKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Almond and Hazelnut Catalan Biscotti is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 250 grams plain flour
- 50 grams almond flour
- 1 medium eggs
- 50 milliliters water
- 60 grams almonds (unskinned)
- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 8 grams lemon zest (yeasthalf)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- 2In a bowl, mix flours, sugar, egg, baking powder, lemon peel, and water.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4When the dough is well mixed add the almonds and hazelnuts.
- 5Divide the dough in half and form two cylinders of about 3 cm. each.
- 6Place dough on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 7Bake about 25 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and cut on the bias into 1 cm. pieces.
- 9Return to tray and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until browned.
- 10Cool on a rack.
- 11Store in glass or metal boxes.