Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Almond and Hazelnut Catalan Biscotti is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 250 grams plain flour
- 50 grams almond flour
- 1 medium egg
- 50 milliliters water
- 60 grams almonds (unskinned)
- 60 grams hazelnut
- 8 grams lemon zest (yeasthalf)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, mix flours, sugar, egg, baking powder, lemon peel, and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- When the dough is well mixed add the almonds and hazelnuts.
- Divide the dough in half and form two cylinders of about 3 cm. each.
- Place dough on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut on the bias into 1 cm. pieces.
- Return to tray and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until browned.
- Cool on a rack.
- Store in glass or metal boxes.