Almond and Blueberry Jam PastriesAs receitas lá de casa
These lovely pastries are made with frozen puff pastry dough and blueberry jam, meaning they are more about the assembly than any complicated cooking, though you wouldn't think so by their lovely appearance. In fact, you simply spread the jam over the pastry, sprinkle with almonds, cut into slices, and curl them up on baking sheet, pressing one end of each to help hold the shape. Use any flavor of jam you like in place of the blueberry; apricot jam pairs especially well with almonds.
- 1 puff pastry (rectangular)
- 1 bottle blueberry jam
- 75 grams slivered almonds
- sliced almonds (for decoration)
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3Roll out the puff pastry, leaving it in the plastic it came in to prevent sticking.
- 4Cover with the blueberry jam (or another flavor if preferred).
- 5Sprinkle the surface with the slivered almonds.
- 6Roll out the dough like a pie crust.
- 7Use a sharp knife to cut 1 centimeter slices.
- 8Place each slice with one side curled up and the other set on the baking sheet.
- 9Sprinkle each slice with almonds again.
- 10Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden.
- 11Remove from oven and place on a grid to cool.
- 12Once cool, sprinkle with plenty of powdered sugar.