- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup flour (plus additional to knead)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packages active dry yeast (1/4 oz each)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter (cold, chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 1 marzipan (tube, 7 oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place brandy and fruit in a medium bowl. Let stand for 6 hours to soak.
- Sift flour and spice into a large bowl. Stir in yeast and granulated sugar. Rub in butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in combined 1 egg and milk. Using hands, bring mixture together into a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 mins or until soft. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand in warm place for 45 mins or until dough has doubled in size. Punch down.
- Grease a foil-lined 11 x 7 inch baking pan, extending the foil over long sides for handles. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Sprinkle top evenly with fruit mixture. Pinch marzipan into small pieces. Sprinkle over top of fruit. Starting at one long side, roll up dough firmly to form a log. Trim ends. Slice log into 12 rounds. Place rounds in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 45 min until rolls reach top of pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush tops of rolls with remaining egg. Bake for 20-25 mins or until lightly browned and cooked. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Stir sifted sugar with 3 tsp boiling water until runny. Drizzle over rolls.
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.