Almond-Stuffed Pork ChopsPORK
Basic stuffed chops with almond crunch. Serve with a mixed green salad and sautéed green beans.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 slices white bread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 Tbsp. browning (and seasoning sauce, optional)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- For stuffing, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery and onion in hot butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in the 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten bread cubes. Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop. Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place stuffed chops on roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature is 145 degrees F. (check temperature in thickest part of meat), 35-45 minutes. Combine browning and seasoning sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl, if desired; brush over chops. Bake for 2 minutes more. Remove toothpicks from chops.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories120Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes